- Carry out accurate physiotherapy assessment, clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients with diverse clinical presentations and complex physical and psychological needs within the acute postoperative care environment. This involves the provision of physiotherapy services within the 9 bedded adult intensive care unit and adult surgical wards alongside other members of the acute physiotherapy team.
- Work as an effective member of the acute physiotherapy team and multidisciplinary team in the development of therapy services at The Harley Street Clinic and within the HCA group.
- Provide advice, guidance and information to health care professionals, carers, relatives and other non-professionals in the management of patients.
- Implement clear, clinically reasoned and appropriate individualised treatment plans which are regularly reviewed and updated
- Participate in the weekend emergency on-call rota and weekend staffing rota
- Support the physiotherapy service working flexibly across the working week.
- Be actively involved in supervision, education, evidence-based practice and audit projects for the development of the physiotherapy service, The Harley Street Clinic, HCA and personal and professional clinical practice
- Assist in identifying opportunities to improve the Physiotherapy service in order to provide the best patient care within the resources available.
Skills and Experience:
- physiotherapy degree qualification
- Post-registration experience within adult cardiorespiratory and acute services.
- Previous experience within post-surgical adult cardiothoracic and general surgery desirable
- Previous post-registration experience within the field of paediatrics desirable but not essential
- HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) registration
- Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapists or equivalent is desirable